Alternate Day Fasting Benefits
Fasting is an ancient tradition and practice in which people use to refrainment for day, hours or weeks from food willingly. Different cultures have different methods of doing this. In last couple of years these tradition is back in practice now.
Over the time people have understood the concept behind fasting and benefits of doing this. With growth of science and technology, we have discovered new health conditions and illnesses and also have discovered solutions for most of the problems. But still there are a lot of conditions for which we still don’t know the best treatment and solution. Doctors and professional are asking people to focus more on their healthy eating and life style. This is pushing people more into trying new diets and ways to stay healthy and out of health trouble. In order to stay healthy people re trying variant of diet and life style. Different variety of fasting is also involve in this. One of a way is called the Alternate Day Fasting. In this fasting people eat for one day and avoiding eating anything on the next day. Different people have different rules of doing this. First, let us understand the benefits of doing this type of fasting.
- It helps to clean out your system. If you are in the habit of doing unhealthy or mostly outside then this way you would be able to remove toxins from your body.
- Provide rest to your digestive system which hence helps in improving your gut and immunity.
- Your intake for calories reduces on an average. Since you are eating very less half of the time, you eat less and burn more stored fat.
- Helps in controlling you medical vitals and parameters such as sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol etc.
Now that we know what the benefits are, let us understand what the ways are of doing this
- You are allowed to make your own rules. Since you are doing this for the sack of your health and not for any cultural or religious thing, you can make your own rules. You can choose a list of foods and drinks which you want to quit or reduce for the day of fasting.
- You can start or stop any time you want. You can start whenever you think things are getting out of control in your body and can do for some time then stop. Then again you can start after some time.
- Your routine and schedule will not be effected much. You can eat and fast as per your timings and work.
A few suggestions are that it would be best if you can ask a professional to help you creating your rules and methods. As per your body some professional would be able to explain it with reasons and ways.