One of the best think about Indian cooking is that the most of the Indian spices and herbs which provides a lot of health benefits. One of a very common thing which is used in Indian cooking is Curry leaves.
It is mostly used in south Indian cooking for almost every style of cooking. Its leaves are used for both medicinal and culinary applications. They are highly aromatic and have a unique flavor with notes of citrus. Before we know the health benefits of using curry leaves, let us know the ways by which we can include curry leaves in our daily use. In north India it is only used in sambhar and Kadi but there are more ways by which you can use it. You can put the curry leaves while adding tadka to vegetables, dals or raitas. You can also mix it in chutneys. For breakfast you can use it while making poha, upma, vermicelli, idli etc.
Now, let us know the impressive benefits and uses of curry leaves.
- Rich in many plant compounds which functions as anti-oxidants in our body and helps in managing our body functions.
- It has anti-inflammatory effects, which helps in issues such as arthritis.
- May have pain-relieving properties. Administration of curry leaves significantly reduces induced pain.
- May have neuroprotective properties and may help in improved memory. It protect the health of your nervous system, including your brain which help protect against neurodegenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s disease.
- Helps in reducing blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Hence, help in weight reduction. Because of its help in proper body functioning, it helps to melt extra fat and calories from your body.