TABLE OF CONTENTS
The accumulation of fat inside the liver cells is meant fatty liver or steatosis. This can cause liver damage. Fatty liver is caused for following reasons-Obesity, excessive alcohol consumption, diabetics etc. Fatty liver treatment diet will give you a resolution to reduce the unwanted toxin in the body and remove the extra fat build up in the liver. By following fatty liver treatment diet can help you to enjoy many more symptoms free year. Its important to make changes in your diet to combat fatty liver disease. The best fatty liver diet includes he best diet for fatty liver includes to take adequate fiber, lots of fruits, vegetables, and nuts, Whole grains, very limited saturated fats from animal products, very limited salt and sugar, say no alcohol.
Symptoms of fatty liver
There are some significant symptoms occur if you are having fatty liver disease. The symptoms are – headaches, a coated tongue, a dry mouth, fatigue, weakness, mental confusion, swelling in the ankles and feet, abdominal pain, nausea, circles under the eyes as well as bad odor. Women tend to feel full and bloated during the day. Such a condition affects thin and obese people both.
- Simple fatty liver- this kind of fatty liver is not harmful and it does not progress.
- Steatohepatitis- Due to the excess fat in the liver, there’s an inflammation in the liver.
- Fibrosis- in this the liver does not work properly due to excess fat in the liver.
- Cirrhosis- this kind of fatty liver is very severe and harmful too. This kind of fatty liver is can cause liver failure. This may cause itchy skin, weakness, abdominal pain, weight loss, loss of appetite, pale tools, dark color urine. Be careful if all these symptoms persist. Immediately checking required and fatty liver treatment diet should be followed for a fast recovery.
Avoid foods in fatty liver
According to fatty liver treatment diet you should ignore some foods to eat. They are as follows-
- Diary food products -Avoid eating too much chocolates and other dairy products such as drinking high fat milk, eating cookies, mayonnaise, peanut butter, butter, and cheese. All of these contain high saturated fats.
2. Avoid as much as possible red meat -It’s not easy to get rid of eating read meat, especially if you are not a vegetarian, but try as much as possible to avoid it. Red meat causes high blood pressure. When you have a fatty liver, it is highly recommended that you should not eat red meat until it is treated fully. It may lead to life risk or heart attack.
3. Avoid Coconut oil and palm oil- instead of these oil use olive oil.
4- Avoid foods that are high in sugar -Foods that are high in sugar can give excess fat and there’s a risk it can go to liver.
5. Avoid fried foods -As much as possible, avoid fried foods, they are sources of high fatty acids and mostly high in cholesterol.
6. Avoid Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils -Avoid junk foods that use hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. These junk foods include doughnuts, French fries and burgers.
7. Avoid High-fat microwave pizzas, popcorn or other snacks.
Food and drinks that includes fatty liver treatment diet are garlic that will help to heal the liver, Omega-3 fatty acids, Coffee, Broccoli, Green tea, Walnuts, Soy or whey protein. The body stores fat for energy and insulation in several areas, including the liver. If the fat content in the liver is too high, it may be a sign of fatty liver disease. Dietary changes are the best fatty liver treatment diet for this condition.
Types of fatty liver
There are two major kinds of fatty liver diseases – nonalcoholic, alcoholic. If there is no history of alcohol use but excess fat in your liver, then it must be NAFLD. Nonalcoholic fatty liver is built up because of the excess fat in the liver. You should treat as immediately or else it leads to liver failure.
Consuming a lot of alcohol may damage the liver. Alcoholic fatty liver disease is a type of inflammation in the liver. Its also known as alcohol hepatitis. By right diet you can treat it easily.
During pregnancy excess fat build up in the liver can bring serious pregnancy complication. It usually happens in the third trimester. Fatty liver treatment diet can treat the disease.
Food and drinks should be consumed in fatty liver diet
Foods and drinks you should have in fatty liver treatment diet are as follows-
Replace refine carbs with complex carbs like oats, brown rice, quinoa, etc. people with fatty liver if drinks coffee would minimize liver damage. Avocado is unsaturated fat and an alternative to saturated fat products like butter. It is also an excellent plant-based source for omega 3 fatty acids. Antioxidants in green tea can help to reduce fat in liver. Oatmeal is a great, filling, low-fat breakfast option containing fiber and complex carbohydrates. It promotes weight loss. Tofu will help to reduce fat that build up in the liver.
Green Vegetables Such as broccoli and spinach can reduce the build-up of fat in the liver. Fiber from green leafy vegetables helps to reduce the symptoms of fatty liver disease. Nuts and Seeds like walnuts, cashew nuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds are rich sources of poly and monounsaturated fatty acids. Its beneficial for fatty liver treatment diet. Chicken and eggs are sources of active protein. The bioactive protein is immediately absorbed and digested in the body. An adequate amount of protein can heal the liver.
The fatty liver treatment diet should be followed regularly even after the positive result. You should take a well-balanced diet. Also, should be taken five to six meals a day. You should have low saturated fats. Foods that are sweet and rich in carbohydrates should be taken in a small quantity. Instead of sweets should be taken fresh fruits. The fatty liver treatment diet plan should be planned carefully that will be included right foods for a fatty organ.
Causes of fatty liver
Fatty liver is not significantly caused simply by eating high fat foods or a high fat diet, obesity is a major factor. Even starvation is also a cause of fatty liver. Dieting should be done in a healthy way. Fat is essential in the diet, however, how much is required will depend on your personal dietary needs. DT. Priyanka Jaiswal will tell you how many calories that you should eat and how much of each nutrient that you require. Fatty liver treatment diet makes healthy liver.
The liver is the second heaviest organ in the body and plays a major role in the process of digestion. Liver is the organ that decides which nutrients are needed, or not; what is toxic and what is not and what to use as energy and what to store as fat. The harder the liver has to work to detoxify and eliminate what it deems to be harmful or unnecessary, it will be less effective. The danger of having an overstressed liver is not only fatty liver, but the possibility of eventual liver cancer. A better diet, one that includes all of the right nutrients can lead to less stress in the body as well as better overall health.
What are the risk factors of fatty liver?
The major risk factor of AFLD is consuming heavy alcohol. Heavy drinking means- 15 or more drinks for men per week.
8 or more drinks for women per week.
Addition to this other factor of fatty liver includes- genetics, old age, obesity, smoking etc. The major risk factors of fatty liver are- high cholesterol, diebetics-2, old age, high triglycerides, rapid weight loss, sleep apnea etc. If you will get any kind of symptoms of fatty liver its important to treat it rapidly.
How to treat fatty liver?
Through proper fatty liver treatment diet, you can treat fatty liver disease. Lifestyle changes is the first aim of this diet plan. depending on your present condition and lifestyle habits dietician will plan your diet plan and treat your liver disease. They are as follows-
- Lose weight
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Eat a nutrient rich food
- Get 30 min of exercise
There are several diets you should follow in fatty liver treatment diet. They are-
- Balance diet- select foods such as lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low fat diary, healthy fats and oils.
- Focus on fiber- fiber foods such as vegetables, fresh fruits, legumes, whole grains will improve the function of your liver.
- Limit some foods- such as refines carbohydrates, saturated fats, trans fats, avoid raw uncooked foods such as shellfish.
- You should drink plenty of water. This will help to hydrate your health and liver.
A good fatty liver treatment diet includes carbohydrates, fat and proteins in the right proportion and of the right kind. Carbohydrates — Carbohydrates are the main energy source for the body. Most of the body can adapt to other energy sources (fats or proteins) but the brain cannot. Carbohydrates are good to treat liver disease. Diets for fatty liver patients can be followed easily. With a proper fatty liver treatment diet its possible to reduce fat from the liver.
A fatty liver treatment diet, is generally good for both the liver and the rest of the body. In fact, a diet for reducing fat in your liver is not much exceptional from a healthy diet for the average person. A diet for reducing a fatty liver normally focuses on high fiber and complex carbohydrate foods at the same time it reduces fatty food consumption. Saturated fats are particularly bad and should be avoided in favor of unsaturated fats whenever require.
Fruits and vegetables are good for liver and should be consumed in daily basis. Combining the right fatty liver treatment diet, you can improve your health. A fatty liver treatment diet plan should be holistic in its approach to not only improve liver health, but also the overall health. Everything you consume, good or bad, finds its way through the liver before going to other areas of the body. The liver is a critical organ, and a healthy liver generally corresponds to a healthy body. Hence a proper diet plan is necessary if you are facing with liver diseases.
Treatment of fatty liver
If you are serious about fatty liver treatment diet, then follow some food principles and get rid of the risk factors occurred in the body due to fatty liver.
- Focus on foods high in complex carbohydrates such as brown rice and whole grains.
- Reduce your consumption of refined and simple carbohydrates like those found in sugar, white bread, egg noodles, cakes, and many desserts.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables every day. An imp tip: Raw vegetable juices can be extremely healthy for the liver.
- Stay away from deep fried, fatty, and processed foods, especially processed meats such as sausage and hot dogs.
- Reduce and limit your consumption of dairy products. When consuming dairy focus on organic yogurts and ricotta and/or cottage cheese.
- Margarine, excessive consumption of fatty condiments like salad dressing, sugary fruit juices, energy drinks, and alcohol should all be avoided.
- Focus on lean white meats such as chicken or turkey instead of beef or pork. They contain harmful steroids, growth hormones, and other antibiotics.
- Drink plenty of water (at least 2 liters per day).
People diagnosed with fatty liver should not get panicked because there is always a solution for a problem. If you can go for fatty liver treatment diet, you will be easily getting rid of the health issue. Its important to understand the root cause of the disease and accordingly diet plan will work for you. The best thing is that liver condition can be revered through proper fatty liver treatment diet plan. your lifestyle plays a major role; hence, you should bring change in your lifestyle and food habits for a healthy living. A fatty liver treatment diet means eating healthy foods and ignoring fatty foods.
You should avoid to consume that are rich in fat. By burning calories through diet plan you can combat liver disease easily. A balanced nutrition diet is essential to improve the liver condition. Following a fatty liver treatment diet does not mean you are going as vegetarian. Thus, make sure to watch what you eat and focus on healthy food.
Final words Many people having fatty liver disease does not experience any significant symptoms until severe damage occurs in the liver. Hence, its vital to always follow a good food habit and focus on healthy foods. This can only possible if you will regularly keep a track on your food habits and a dietician will surely help you with this. By following fatty liver treatment diet, you can easily promote liver health.