TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 Symptoms
- 2 Causes
- 3 Treatment options are
- 4 Anti-inflammatory diet for Endometriosis
- 5 PCOS and Endometriosis diet:
- 6 PCOS and Endometriosis diet Chart
- 7 Foods to avoid with endometriosis:
- 8 Summary:
Blame it on the hectic or sedentary lifestyle; we are at the stage where taking care of our health with a good diet and regular workout has become a challenge. Unfortunately, this eventually has resulted in the risk of many health issues. But if we tweak our diet better, there are so many illnesses you can cure from the root, and you don’t even have to pay a hefty amount for treatment. That is when the focus should be on Endometriosis diet fertility.
Research shows that 2 out of 10 women between the age group of 25 to 40 years get affected by endometriosis. In this condition, a woman can face severe pain, especially during her periods. A woman can also develop fertility risk factors.
Lack of physical activity, excess alcohol, or caffeine intake can hamper sex steroid synthesis. It eventually results in some serious illnesses like Endometriosis. The uterus lining starts growing within the pelvic and abdomen area. It can result in heavy periods and cysts in the ovaries. A good Endometriosis diet may help in relieving symptoms.
Most women have acute pain in the lower back, pelvic, and abdomen areas during their periods. A proper Endometriosis diet can be helpful. There are also other signs along with the painful periods, such as
l Back pain
l Menstrual cramps
l Pain when pooping or peeing
l Painful sex
l Blood in the stool
l Blood in the urine
l Fertility issues
You can curb the symptoms by following an Endometriosis diet.
The exact cause of Endometriosis is still unclear. Still, many trusted sources and theories state that lifestyle and diet’s impact play an essential role. Also, there could be some other possible causes, such as:
- The retrograde menstruation process
- The transformation of the cells outside the uterus due to hormones
- The abdomen’s smaller areas start their transformation into endometrial-like tissue
- The endometrial cells are thrown out from the uterus through the lymphatic system
- Environmental toxins
- Genetics issues
Treatment options are
- Pain medicines
- Hormone therapy
- Hormonal contraceptives
- The medroxyprogesterone injection
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)
- Conservative surgery
- Last-resort surgery (hysterectomy)
Anti-inflammatory diet for Endometriosis
It is important to drink a lot of water and other healthy fluids. Consume the liquids and some fiber-rich food. You can add apple juice, soup, and crackers to your anti-inflammatory diet for Endometriosis.
Endometriosis diet fertility should include the below nutritious content.
As a part of Endometriosis diet fertility you should switch to healthy food which is rich with fats that can be easily converted into energy and may not put much pressure on your digestive system. This includes Avocado, olive oil, olives, nuts, salmon, and other fatty fish.
The food must also have a good fiber content. Fiber-based diet can offer much-needed vitamins and minerals along with antioxidants which also lessen inflammation. Oats, brown rice, veggie burritos, and black beans are healthy choices for Endometriosis diet fertility.
This will be the most common diet that you might want to add to your lifestyle. Studies have proved that nearly 80% of the women had no pain after they followed the gluten-free diet for 12 months. You can consume flax seeds and soy milk which is completely safe.
In this Endometriosis diet fertility carbs are eliminated from the diet plan. Hence, the gastrointestinal system gets time to heal better. Dairy, gluten, added sugars, and processed foods should be completely eliminated.
PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) affects a woman’s hormone levels. Women with PCOS produce higher amounts of male hormones. The hormone imbalance causes the body to skip menstrual periods and makes it harder for them to conceive.
PCOS causes the body and facial hair growth (hirsutism). It also contributes to long-term health problems such as diabetes and heart disease.
Listed below is PCOS and Endometriosis diet that may help in manage PCOS symptoms:
- A low glycemic index (GI) diet: The body digests low GI foods more slowly. Hence, insulin level doesn’t rise as quickly as in high GI foods. Low GI foods include whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, fruits, starchy vegetables, and unprocessed, low-carbohydrate foods.
- An anti-inflammatory diet: Foods such as berries, leafy greens, and extra virgin olive oil may reduce inflammation and fatigue.
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet: It helps to manage PCOS symptoms. A DASH diet is rich in fish, poultry, fruits, vegetables, whole grain, and low-fat dairy produce.
- ½ cup low-fat yogurt and ½ cup berries
- Wholegrain dense low-GI bread with boiled/poached egg
- Smoothie of low-fat milk/almond milk/soy milk and ½ cup unsweetened yogurt, ½ cup berries
- Scrambled eggs
- Omelette made with two eggs, feta cheese, and chopped vegetables
- Salad (equivalent to 2 cups of raw vegetables cucumber, tomato, sprouts, and capsicum, or steamed vegetables, dressed with lemon juice/vinegar)
- Chicken and vegetable or barley and lentil soup.
- Stir-fried vegetables, chicken, lean meat, or tofu
- Fish served with salad or vegetables.
- Roast dinner: Use less starchy vegetables, such as eggplant, capsicum, red onion, and sweet potato
- A small handful of raw nuts
- Unsweetened yogurt
- One apple or kiwi fruit
- Boiled egg
- Herbal tea
- Avoid soft drinks, fruit juice, flavored milk, alcohol, and sports drinks.
Foods to avoid with endometriosis:
Restrict consumption of egg yolks, bacon, sausage, and any kind of highly processed snacks like cookies.
Red meat of duck or mamma should be excluded from Endometriosis diet.
High-fat Dairy Products:
Limit high-fat dairy products consumption like cream, whole milk, and butter must be excluded from Endometriosis diet.
Caffeine Laden Beverages:
Stay away from all kinds of chocolates, caffeinated sodas, coffee, and tea.
Highly Salted Foods:
Limit the consumption of canned soup, Pretzels, chips, olives, and dried foods
Exclude white bread, pasta, white rice, and cookies from endometriosis diet.
If there is a good change in lifestyle, especially if you are following Endometriosis diet plan, it can reduce the symptoms of endometriosis. It is always better to focus on making healthy choices when we shop at grocery stores. Further, your dietician can also help you create the right course of action to manage such endometriosis. Each body is different and hence choose a healthy meal plan with Anti-inflammatory diet for Endometriosis that suits your body requirements.