PCOS – polycystic ovarian syndrome, is not a new name for the women of today, and this can be attributed to the growing prevalence of the condition all over the world. While the name PCOS is all because many small cysts are found in the ovaries of a woman suffering from it, numerous other symptoms might altogether disturb the healthy life, create hormonal disbalance, irregular menstruation, infertility, to name a few.
These multiple cysts in the ovary of a woman go on to create serious hormonal disbalance, and as the condition develops with time, it poses serious risks of developing some of the most dreaded health conditions like diabetes and heart problems. So, when it is the health of a woman is concerned, PCOS is something that should be considered with seriousness.
Some of the most critical symptoms that are associated with PCOS are:
- Irregular or missed periods
This is a very critical condition that comes along with PCOS in women. Some may ovulate occasionally, and while many might not at all, their follicles do not ripen enough to reach the ovary’s surface and burst.
With scant and irregular fertility, the chances of getting fertile and be pregnant become all the more difficult.
The chances of miscarriage are more with women, even if they become pregnant.
- Weight gain
The chances of putting on weight increases, increasing the chances of developing high blood pressure, heart diseases, diabetes, and many more.
- Unwanted body hair
With PCOS, many women find the growth of unwanted hairs n their chest, arms, legs, face, and abdomen areas. These unwanted hair growths may be noticeable and particularly if you have thick black hairs.
Acnes appear on the face, chest, and back. The majority of the women who approach doctors for the treatment of acne, have PCOS.
- Pelvic discomfort
Women with PCOS may feel discomfort in their abdomen area.
Many other symptoms may show up with PCOS, but whatever they are, they can put anyone in a lot of discomforts, particularly those who lead a normal life, and don’t have known till this time, what these problems are. These are not only unpleasant for also frustrating at the same time, as women feel that they cannot lead a normal life.
Seed Cycling – An Effective PCOS Cure
Though through diet and lifestyle changes, the situation of PCOS can be arrested and also the cysts die off slowly, there is something known as ‘Seed Cycling for PCOS’ or the Seed Rotation Diet, that serves as a natural medication in regulating the reproductive hormones in women. The process of seed cycling has been proved to be very effective in conditions of PCOS and against irregular menstruation cycles. It is a growing trend these days to use the seed cycling process to balance the hormones, boost fertility, and ease symptoms of menopause in women.
So, what is Seed Cycling?
Seed cycling is a natural remedy that balances the hormones by regulating estrogen – another hormone during the first half of the menstruation cycle, and progesterone – another hormone in the second half of the menstruation cycle.
This natural remedial process is believed to have numerous health benefits from helping in regulating normal periods to reducing acne, treating PCOS, easing the symptoms of menopause like hot flashes, night sweats excessive fatigue, and mood swings, to decreasing the chances of infertility.
Seed Cycling: The Process
The process of seed cycling says that women should take 2 tablespoons of seeds of pumpkin or chia or flax or sunflower or sesame. All of these seeds have the properties of regulating hormones and can as well maintain estrogen and progesterone levels in a woman’s body.
Things that are important to take note of is – All seeds used should be RAW and FRESHLY GROUNDED. The seeds can also be mixed with other food items like cornflakes and milkshakes and consumed. Ideally, a seeding cycle chart is made and is followed in the two phases of the reproductive cycle:
- The Follicular Phase of the Seeding Cycle: This is the phase, where you are advised to eat a tablespoon of pumpkin, chia, and flax seeds. It should be continued daily from the first day of starting of the periods until the time you start ovulating. Approximately for most women, this phase lasts for two weeks. The estrogen secretion in this phase is high and eating a combination of flax, pumpkin, and chia seeds help a lot.
- The phytoestrogens in flax bind with the estrogen and finally removing it from the body, thereby, keeping the estrogen levels in the body under control.
- The zinc in the pumpkin seeds promotes the production of progesterone. Together with flax seeds, they both maintain the levels of estrogen and progesterone of the body in the follicular phase, thus supporting a healthy reproductive system to flourish and, in turn, helping in the treatment of PCOS by Seed cycling for fertility.
- The chia seeds give relief from the symptoms of metabolic syndrome, sensitivity o insulin, mood swings, irregular periods, and acne.
- The Luteal Phase of the Seed Cycle: This is the phase that begins from day 1 of ovulation and continues with the start of the periods. During this phase, it is advised to eat a tablespoon of sunflower and sesame seeds each day. This phase also typically lasts for around two weeks and women are the most fertile. The eggs are released by the follicles and waits for the sperm to be fertile. Estrogen and progesterone are leased in higher quantities so that they can provide support to the fertilized eggs.
Sesame seeds for periods are recommended along with sunflower seeds.
- Sesame seeds block excessive estrogen, which is rich in selenium and zinc and sunflower seeds have vitamin E and GLA – gamma-linolenic acid. Both of these seeds together boost the production of progesterone, thereby, the levels of estrogen and progesterone are dually maintained in the body.
Seed Cycling and PCOS
PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a result of imbalance (over secretion) of the two hormones – insulin and the male hormones androgen. Now, when this happens, the outcomes are:
- Excessive growth of hairs in different parts of the body, mainly the chest, face, arms, and legs.
- Loss of hair in the scalp.
- Unprecedented weight gain.
- Feelings of depression and panic attacks.
- Irregularity of the menstruation cycle, and
- Irregularity in ovulation.
Though these symptoms can be treated with medicines made to balance the hormones, seed cycling benefits are many, as it is a natural remedy.
Though scientifically not yet a proven method, it has been a proven remedy for balancing hormones, which is the root cause of PCOS.
Seed cycling for irregular periods
With the normal menstrual cycle, the estrogen and progesterone levels fluctuate (increases and falls) in the body. As one approaches her menopause, both of these hormones become stagnant at a significantly lower level.
Seed cycle for periods either inhibits or enhances the production of both of the hormones – estrogen, and progesterone and depending on what you need, optimizing and balancing the hormones are a great relief in hormonal imbalances. Just a few months of seed cycling is good enough to reap the benefits against period irregularities.
Seed cycling for weight loss
The seed cycle for weight loss is supplementing your diet with four seeds – pumpkin, flax, chia, and sunflower seeds. The seeds are needed to be eaten raw and grounded, as the whole seeds cannot be broken down completely inside the body. Grinding them enables easy absorption of all the vital nutrients in them.
- Pumpkin seeds have zinc and selenium, and which are important for fat burning. Zinc also promotes the production of more testosterone in the body which can help to build more muscles and replacing fats. Moreover, pumpkin seeds are rich in fiber, which helps you stay fuller for a long and makes you avoid unnecessary and unhealthy munching.
- Chia seeds are very low in fat and a good source of fibers, magnesium, iron, and potassium. These nutrients help to suppress the appetite, keeps you full and energized for longer.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant. It has magnesium that boosts metabolism and helps burn more calories and faster.
- Flax seeds are those tiny seeds that are considered to be a powerhouse, loaded with the richness of Omega 3. Omega 3 helps burn fat and also regulates insulin levels in our bodies. These seeds also have plenty of protein, iron, and fiber.