TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 So, what is a Vegetarian Keto Diet Plan?
- 2 The Vegetarian Keto Diet: An Overview on How it Works?
- 3 What does Vegetarian Keto Diet Plan have to say?
- 4 What is ketosis and how healthy is it?
- 5 The Best Benefits of Vegetarian Keto Diet
Consuming fewer calories than what the body burns can lead to weight loss, be you be on any diet type. Vegetarians who are keen on weight loss and following a diet type focuses on eating fresh vegetables and whole foods. Nevertheless, for a vegetarian person to lose weight and that too quickly, he or she should follow the same eating protocol that is there in a meat diet. It might seem to be a very difficult task for vegetarians to come up with an equally healthy meal plan, even if you are following Veg Keto Diet Plan.
A vegetarian diet, however, has been regarded as one of the healthiest diets available to us and has been followed for ages. Even research studies advocate the fact that vegetarian diets are linked with lower chances of heart diseases and other critical health problems like hypertension and diabetes, as compared to an average non-vegetarian diet.
The ‘Keto diet‘ is more effective for weight loss than any other diet for vegetarians. The Keto diet weight loss helps in improving the blood sugar and triglyceride levels of the body and reducing the severity of many critical health conditions like obesity, epilepsy, diabetes, PCOS, Alzheimer’s, and certain types of cancers.
So, what is a Vegetarian Keto Diet Plan?
Simply explaining it, we can say that a veg keto diet plan is a diet free of meats, fish, or any other non-vegetarian food items that restricts carbohydrate intake. Eating this way, all the benefits of a ketogenic diet can be gained, while we reduce our carbon footprints, improving our health, and controlling animal killing.
Dairy and Eggs are two animal products that you can include in your Keto meals, as both of the food groups are extremely nutrient-rich. There are many other types of Indian Keto Diet Plan Veg. To help you decide based on which type of vegetarian you are, take a look at the overview on the options available for vegetarian keto followers:
- For Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians: A plant-based Keto Diet Plan Indian Veg with eggs and dairy products, but without any meat or poultry or fish.
- Lacto-Vegetarians: A vegetarian keto diet follower with the only dairy being the animal product.
- Pescatarians: This type of keto follower eats dairy, eggs, and fish, but no meat and poultry.
- Ovo–Vegetarians: The only animal product inclusion is the eggs.
- The Vegans: A 100% Vegetarian Keto diet plan Indian followers. There is no dairy or any other animal products.
The Vegetarian Keto Diet: An Overview on How it Works?
A vegetarian keto diet puts our body into the state of “ketosis” – a fat-burning state. For the same, you would require to source 80 to 90 percent of your daily calories from fats, around 5 to 16 percent from protein sources, and a mere 5 to 10 percent from carbohydrates. On the contrary, if we look into our eating style, we could see that half of our daily calorie needs are fulfilled from carbs. Instead of replacing our meat intakes with healthy whole grains and plant foods, we load on pasts, cakes, refined carb products, and alike.
What does Vegetarian Keto Diet Plan have to say?
Meat and non-vegetarian products are considered the cornerstone of a ketogenic diet plan, but this does not mean that the ketogenic diet is off the limit for vegetarians. With the high-fat, low-carb keto diet has been in the rage in the present times, vegetarian eaters have always been on the lookout for a keto diet Indian menu and foods to fit their meat-free lifestyles.
What is ketosis and how healthy is it?
Ketosis can be defined as a natural metabolic state of our bodies. The state of ketosis involves our bodies producing ketones out of the stored fat and using them for energy instead of carbohydrates. To achieve a keto body, you will need to follow a very low carbohydrate, high-fat and moderate protein vegetarian diet.
When fat provides most of the energy required by the body, as there is limited access to glucose (because of the low carb intake), the stored fat gets consumed and faster, making you lose fat and weight. You lose weight very quickly with a keto diet, mainly because it reduces your body’s stored glycogen and water. As well as aiding in weight loss, ketosis has several other health benefits, like the reduction of episodes of seizures in children with epilepsy.
While the vegetarian keto diet has several health benefits including weight loss, it may also trigger certain side effects. Headache, feeling of fatigue, constipation, higher cholesterol levels, and bad breath may occur, but only for a shorter time.
In the long run, it is not advisable to be on the keto diet for too long. It may trigger the development of kidney stones. To stay healthy and ensure that the vegetarian Keto Diet works the best in your favor, follow these guidelines:
- Make sure that you drink plenty of water and other fluids.
- It is highly advisable to consult a doctor or an expert before starting the Keto Diet, and particularly if you have any health issues.
- While on the keto diet, constantly monitor your kidney health.
- Always seek helps if you see any negative effects of the diet on your health.
If you are a vegetarian and you would like to follow the keto diet plan correctly, follow these basic rules:
- Your carbohydrate intake should be limited to not more than 35 grams a day.
- Remove all types of animal flesh from the diet. No meat, poultry, or, fish.
- Consume plenty of low-carb vegetables.
- Get 70% of your calories from fat sources.
- To meet your daily protein needs, depend only on lant-based protein sources, high-fat dairy products, and eggs.
- Nutrients that you may not be getting enough like iron, zinc, Vitamin D3, DHA, and EPA through supplements.
- To figure out your macronutrient and calories needs, make use of the Keto Calculator.
- Look for more precise recommendations on vegetarian keto diet Indian.
One of the most common mistakes that most vegetarian keto followers commit is eating high or too many carbs. This happens mainly because many of the vegetarian favorites are filled with carbohydrates. These are:
- Vegetables: Potatoes, Yarns
- Fruits: Bananas, apples, oranges
- Gains: Corn, wheat, rice, other cereals
- Legumes: Black beans, lentils, peas
- Sugar: Syrups, honey
While you are following a vegetarian keto diet plan make sure that you avoid eating these foods as they are high in carbohydrate content and will throw you out of ketosis.
The Best Benefits of Vegetarian Keto Diet
Both Keto formula and vegetarianism have proven health benefits including aiding in weight loss, controlling blood sugar, and providing protection against many chronic illnesses. Some of the major advantages of following vegetarian keto diet plan Indian are:
1. It supports blood sugar control
Research shows that the keto and vegetarian diets, both support blood sugar control. Moreover, eating low-carb food helps to improve our body’s blood sugar regulation and increases insulin (a hormone responsible for blood sugar control) sensitivity.
2. Protects against many chronic illnesses
Keto vegetables have long been linked with reduced risks of several chronic illnesses. Eating a vegetarian diet lowers the risks of several types of cancers and delete the chances of many heart diseases or other risk factors including BMI, blood pressure, and cholesterol. It has been well studied for its effects on numerous disease protection capabilities.
Some studies also advocate the fact that the vegetarian keto diet safeguards vegetarian health and even helps in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
3. Aids in fast weight loss
Again, both keto and vegetarian ways of eating have been long associated with weight loss too. They promote both weight and fat loss more effectively than any other diet including other low-carb diets. With high amounts of healthy fat, the keto diet keeps you full for longer and reduces your appetite, thereby, your hunger.
Make sure you eat the right quantity of calories, fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. With all the effort you put in following a vegetarian keto diet plan Indian, you will do no good for your health if your body’s macronutrient requirements are not met. To aim for the right number, it is always better to plug information from the keto calculator.
The way of vegetarian keto eating is tough as it combines two restrictive kinds of eating plans. But the risks are always overweighed by the benefits. If you have decided to go for it, make sure you see a dietician before you start, who can help you pick your foods strategically and all that is required to follow the diet successfully and healthily.