Post Pregnancy Weight Loss Diet Plan
If you are worried about how to lose weight after pregnancy, then you have bumped at the right place. Post pregnancy weight loss is a biggest challenge a new mom faces. During pregnancy women eat little more than usual. Hence, they may gain weight. But, its perfectly ok as your body demands more food at the time of pregnancy. Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan of a mother should be very nutritious and well balanced especially if she is breastfeeding. She cannot cut down on her diet just to lose weight. The nutrients from mother’s body also get depleted quickly as baby gets its nutrition so she requires to replenish the loss of nutrients by following a healthy diet plan. This is a very essential difference between losing weight normally and doing it after pregnancy.
You should plan to lose weight by following Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan after 6 to 12 months after delivery. Most women lose half of their baby weight by 6 weeks after childbirth (postpartum). A healthy diet and change in the food habit can offer Weight loss after delivery. No hurry! It’s obvious this what exactly how you are feeling now. Apart from the physical trauma of giving birth, which make you feel exhausted, looking after and taking responsibility for a new baby can be very stressful. It will need all your energy. Weight loss after pregnancy can be possible. You can connect with Dt. Priyanka Jaiswal for more details.
It is possible to get postpartum weight loss safely by breastfeeding, eating a healthful diet and changing food habits. Breastfeeding will help women lose weight after giving birth. Women who specially breastfed for at least 3 months lost 3.2 pounds more than women who did not breastfeed. Breastfeeding provides many health benefits for both the woman and the baby.
The food you eat fuels your daily needs.
Postnatal diet is no secret. The food you eat fuels your daily needs.
- eating fiber-rich foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains eating low fat or fat free dairy product.
- eating lean proteins, such as poultry.
- choosing healthful sources of fat, such as beans, nuts, and vegetable oils.
- limiting foods high in saturated fat, such as red meat, coconut oil, and palm oil.
- avoid foods and drinks that contain added sugar
Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan
- Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan includes foods from many groups. During postpartum period focus on protein, fruit, vegetables, fiber-rich carbs, fats like avocados, nuts, and seeds. Right quantity of calorie will give energy to your body. Include healthy protein sources at each meal.
- Add vegetables in at least two meals.
- Begin your day with fiber in conjunction with protein for the perfect combo of energy and sustenance (plus, fiber can help with post-labor constipation).
- Consume food rich in nutrients like vitamin C, zinc, and selenium to help keep your immune system strong.
One of the natural things in pregnancy is weight gain, and it is very common that that weight is remain the same even after the baby is born. It is not easy to lose weight after giving birth. It is vital to keep in mind that you gained all of this weight gradually over a nine-month time and it takes time to lose weight gradually. If you are doing breastfeed then you should know that the amount and quality of breast-milk is totally depends on the food and drinks you eat. If you breastfeed your baby, you will automatically lose some calories. This will help to lose your weight.
You can, follow Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan to lose post-pregnancy weight. Eliminate any alcoholic and carbonated drinks from your diet instead of this consume more water. Water contains zero calories. Eat fruits like apple and banana. This will make you feel full whole day. The best Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan is to lose your post baby fat is one that contains a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eat complex carbohydrates and lean protein. You will get protein from other sources such as nuts, legumes and dairy products aside from meat.
A new baby brings changes in many of your life. Physically, emotionally, mentally. Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan offers you correct nutrients and by following this you will get back to your shape even after pregnancy. Losing post pregnancy weight is not only the main aim, you have to stay healthy by eating good foods. Avoid fast foods and go for home cooked meals. Fast foods have lots of calories and fats. But home cooked meals will allow you to plan your meals in a healthy way. When you will plan your meals, you can manage the ingredients that will go with your food. You can be well known about the food you are going to eat. Track what you are eating. Go for salmon steaks during days. Avoid heavy gravy and go for citrus gravy instead of it. It is just a matter of changing your food habits. You can still eat the things you like but you can gain less calories and fat if you replace it with healthier foods.
Are you desperately trying to lose your post pregnancy weight by eating healthy foods? Still, you are not losing weight? Do you also find that you are starving all the time? Eating the right foods is an essential part of being successful in your Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan. You want to eat healthy, but at the same time you want to eat foods that will help to keep you feeling full for a long time. Consume high fiber diet foods such as blackberries, lentils, raspberries, black beans, pears, green peas etc.
- When your intake of fiber will increase, start adding it at a gradual pace so that your gastrointestinal tract has time to adjust.
- Maximize your water intake when going for fiber foods, otherwise constipation may occur.
- A good amount of fiber in your diet will help to prevent colon cancer.
- Fiber helps to keep you feeling full longer, which play a key role in weight loss.
- Maximize fiber in your diet by taking whole grains instead of refined grains.
- Fiber will help to lower blood sugar.
- Women should be getting 25 to 30 grams of fiber per day.
Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan will ensure to give a good shape to your body. you should feel confident even after you gave birth of a baby. By eating variety of healthy foods and healthy liquids can shed your extra weight immediately. Eat foods that have protein such as milk, cheese, yogurt, meat, fish and beans. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Ditch junk foods and try healthy foods if you feel hungry.
Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan is important for new moms, because Proper nutrition at the time of pre and postnatal phases is important to both mother and baby. With the extra demands on the mother’s body, and those essential for the development and well-being of her baby, healthy eating during and after pregnancy offers healthy benefits to mothers and babies.
Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan offers food plan to mothers increase energy levels. Junk food should be avoided totally. Instead of it consume dry fruits such as cashews and raisins. An Indian diet offers good amount of nutrients source to fulfill the requirements of a new mother. Dal or lentils offer the body proteins that can combat infection. Laddoos made with a balanced amount of butter offers fats while gond or tree gum increases lactation. Any sort of grains, like wheat or rice, are also good for health. Fenugreek seeds and chia seeds can give smooth lactation too.
You can easily follow Post pregnancy weight loss diet plan that will give you the best healthy diet chart. You can consult your dietician what is safe for you. Breast feeding plays an excellent role for your weight loss. It burns extra calories each day and make you feel light and healthy. Since you are passing everything into your baby through your milk, you should always extra careful to consume about your food intake. Natural foods with full of nutrients is included in post pregnancy weight loss diet plan, so eat healthy and stay healthy.
What to eat after delivery?
Food after delivery for Indian mother
Its vital to know about Food after delivery for Indian mother.
- Methi seeds, garlic, various daals, edible gum, dry fruits, vegetables like seasonal green leafy veggies, Lauki, Dodka (Turai), etc will improve lactation.
- Milk, curd, paneer, sesame seeds, seasonal green vegetables etc. are calcium rich foods.
- Ragi, aliv (Garden cress seeds), dates/raisins, seasonal green leafy vegetables, saunf (fennel seeds) etc.iron rich food after delivery for Indian mother.
- ajwain (carom), jeera, saunf, dill seeds reduce bloating.
- Use of sprouted methi seeds, garlic while cooking vegetables is very good food after delivery for Indian mother.
- Subji, roti, daal, rice, chicken, Sides: Salad, curd etc can be consumed after delivery.
- Rice for lunch/dinner is food after delivery for Indian mother.
- Fresh fruit, halwa, methi ladoo, egg also very good food after delivery for Indian mother.
- Oats dalia, pulses, ragi, almond, millet are the food will give you energy after pregnancy.
- Sesame seeds, ajwain are rich in nutrients and give a well balanced diet to the mother after pregnancy.
- Green vegetables such as pinach (paalak), beans (frans been), lotus stem (kamal kakri), fenugreek (methi) leaves, apple gourd (tinda), pointed gourd (parwal) or other such green seasonal vegetables are the great source of iron .
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much water should I drink after delivery while following this diet?
Staying hydrated is very important in following the diet chart. Drinking enough water helps to flush out any medications or anaesthesia you may have received during surgery. Drinking enough water also helps to keep you hydrated, which is important for healing and for breastfeeding.
The recommended amount of water you should drink after a delivery is at least 8-10 cups per day. This can be in the form of plain water, or you can also drink other fluids such as herbal tea, broth, or fruit juice.
How does the caesarean diet differ from a regular postpartum diet?
The caesarean diet may differ from a regular postpartum diet in various aspects. It particularly includes more fibre and protein to support wound healing. Thereby, promoting a healthy and faster recovery. It may also involve avoiding certain foods that can cause gas or bloating. Moreover, such foods can be uncomfortable after a C-section. They include foods such as beans, broccoli, cabbage, and onions.