TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 Before vaccination what to eat
- 2 Early morning- 6-7 am
- 3 Breakfast options- after 30 mins
- 4 Midmorning- 10-11 am
- 5 Lunch-1-2 pm
- 6 Post lunch- ( 4 pm)
- 7 Evening snack (5-6 pm)
- 8 Before dinner ( 8 pm)
- 9 Dinner ( 8-9 Pm)
- 10 Bed time
- 11 Final words
- 12 Best foods to eat for Omicron symptoms
- 13 After vaccination what to eat
- 14 Omicron diet
As many of us are become eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccine that would put an end to the pandemic hopefully. Therefore, before and after vaccination its important to know what you should eat or should not eat/drink. Lets discuss about After vaccination what to eat here to increase your awareness for the same.
Certain foods you have to avoid to increase your immune and minimize the symptoms of vaccination. However, eating highly nutritious food and vitamin C will help the immune system. The COVID vaccine have been tested in people with usual diet, so the vaccine is effective without any special nutrition intake. But, vaccination is sometimes bring the fear of creating side effects. With proper After vaccination precautions such as diet, rest and care one can easily have the control over the corona virus vaccine. If you are planning to get the jab (vaccination) nothing to worry about, but people with diabetics should take extra diet precaution before and after vaccination.
Here’s why diet is more essential before and after vaccination
Diet plays an important role in boosting your immunity. During pandemic you should eat food that enhances immunity level. People who got vaccinated should include anti-inflammatory properties in their diet. Diabetics who got vaccinated should include the following food in their diet.
- Fish- it has anti-inflammatory properties and its rich in omega-3. Omega -3 helps to increase immunity.
- Chicken- it has anti inflammatory properties. Its highly recommended for people with diabetics and hypertension. Chicken is a protein source and can be consumed twice or thrice a week. You can make chicken soup if you don’t like chicken as a whole.
- Egg- these are good protein source. It contains amino acid that helps to improve immunity. People with diabetics who just got vaccinated should include egg in their diet.
- Fruits & vegetables- these areincluded vitamins and antioxidants, minerals that help to boost the immunity. Fruits and vegetables are good sources of vitamins and citrus fruits contain vitamin C which is very much beneficial to elevate your immunity.
- Turmeric- the curcumin (a bright yellow chemical substance produced by plant) presents in turmeric is good for body and prevent weakness that seen in people after vaccination.
some foods you must avoid post vaccination. You should know what not to eat after vaccination. They are as follows-
- Don’t eat foods and snacks that have high glycemic index. Avoid fried foods with saturated fats. These foods may cause sleeplessness and anxiety.
- Prevent processed foods. You can replace it with fresh fruits.
- White bread
- White rice
- Sugary soft drinks
- Avoid adding sugar in your tea / coffee, instead you can add sweeteners.
Are you preparing to get the vaccination? Then, Its always vital to take healthy foods before vaccination eat. Don’t get inoculated empty stomach. A balanced diet and good sleep are must before getting vaccinated. This will prevent side effects and stress.
Before vaccination what to eat
- Green vegetables– are full of nutrients, phenolic compounds and minerals. Try to include spinach, kale, broccoli, microgreens in your meal. You can even prepare salad with the fresh green vegetables.
- Ginger- it can help to combat lung infection, hypertension and coronary illness. It also helps to minimize stress that may happen in post vaccination. It can consume in tea, pickle and kadha.
- Garlic- it boosts your immunity as its rich in probiotics. It feeds incredible gut microscopic organism.
- Water- always drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. This will help to give energy and you can easily prevent after vaccination symptoms like nausea, vomiting and stress.
Many people are wondering is it safe drinking alcohol after vaccination? Well, if you are also wondering about –After vaccination can we drink alcohol, then you have bumped at the right place. There is an answer for you!
If you are an avid drinker, then for 3-4 days after vaccination you should stay away from alcohol. This is because it can vulnerable o COVID-19 vaccination. In short alcohol decreases the body’s immune system and can increase the risk of adverse health conditions. It would trigger the hypertension levels and make you feel weaker when you get vaccinated.
Be on the safe side it’s a good idea to avoid drinking alcohol after vaccination.
If you are caring of yourself and loved one at home, then you should follow Corona diet chart for a safe living during this pandemic. By following this diet chart, you can prevent COVID-19 affects.
Early morning- 6-7 am
1 glass of lukewarm water with lemon+ cinnamon+ five soaked almonds abd walnuts.
Breakfast options- after 30 mins
- palak besan cheela with curd
- oats/ porridge
- Dosa with less oil
- Vegetable +egg omlette with whole wheat bread
Midmorning- 10-11 am
- Fruits with chia seed and 1 glass of lemon water.
- 1 glass of papaya smoothie with chia/flax seeds
- Roti/ steamed rice
- Dal/ rajma/chana
- Mixed sabji
Post lunch- ( 4 pm)
- Kadha/tea ( with cloves, black pepper, ginger)
- Fresh juice
Evening snack (5-6 pm)
- Boiled sprouts
- Roasted pulses
Before dinner ( 8 pm)
- Dal water
- Carrot/spinach/broccoli soup
Dinner ( 8-9 Pm)
- Vegetable khichdi +curd
- Moong dal cheela +paneer + garlic chutney
- Idli with vegetable sambar
- Roti + palak methi dal
- Roi + egg curry + paneer bhurji
Toned milk with turmeric+ black pepper( no sugar)
Fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables with dal, pulses, lean meat, whole grain are rich in proteins. They are the best foods to be consumed during this pandemic. If you are preparing for vaccination then you might have the question After vaccination what to eat. Hence, along with proteins you should include probiotic rich foods like curd, , good fats that are nuts, herbs and seeds, spices like turmeric , garlic, ginger, they have anti-inflammatory properties.
It’s a very commonly asked question by many people that is it safe Alcohol after covaxin?
Well, Alcohol after covaxin can weak the vaccine responses and minimize the protection of it. It also impacts on your immune system. However, its better to avoid alcohol at least 48 hours.
Adequate diet and protein intake will prevent the effects of corona virus. Proper nutrition and hydration are important. People who include a well-balanced diet, they have strong immune system and lower risk of any infectious diseases. you should eat lots of fresh and unprocessed foods daily. This will give you proper minerals, vitamins, dietary fiber, protein and antioxidants that your body requires.
If you are still wondering After vaccination what to eat, then go for fresh fruits and vegetables. Do not over cook vegetables, to retain the important vitamins in the food.
Drink plenty of water daily, at least 8-10 cups of water every day. Water is the best, but you can choose another option like lemon juice, fresh fruit juice, tea/ coffee but very less quantity.
While taking foods after or before vaccination always seek support from a dietician. This way you can able to take a proper diet and combat corona and its symptoms. Live healthy and happy without any fear of covid by eating healthy.
Best foods to eat for Omicron symptoms
Proper nutrient foods will able to give you energy and risk-free life. The omicron variant caused COVID 19 numbers to rapidly spreading during the past few weeks. Its clear that the best way to combat omicron symptoms is to get vaccinated as well as following a right diet plan. Well, food will boost your immune system. It will give you the energy to keep fighting off the virus.
After vaccination what to eat
- Eat more plants- plants based foods are excellent and high in nutrients. This will offer healthy gut microbiome and immune system. Green leafy vegetables are consisted of vitamin- A, B6, B12. Fruits will be high in vitamin A and C. seeds and nuts are the best source of protein, healthy fat, vitamin E and iron.
- Ensure to eat more calories and protein. If you are suffering with omicron, then your body needs more energy to level up your energy level. Protein rich foods such as eggs, fish, tofu, pulses should be included in your daily meal along with pulses, wholegrains and vegetables. If you are loss of appetite then try to eat banana, nut, beans etc. you can increase your calorie level by eating healthy fats like avocado, cheese etc.
- Eat frozen food- like fruits and vegetables. They are as nutritious as fresh ones. Many people get fatigue while recovering from COVID as their body fights hard to get rid of the virus. This time if you eat fruits and vegetables, it will be very healthy for you.
- Add herbs, spices, garlic, ginger and chilli- one of the major symptoms of corona virus is change to your smell, taste. Garlic, ginger and these spices have strong flavors that will definitely improve your eating experience. These have immune boosting benefits as well- garlic and ginger are known as anti-inflammatory and it can work during nausea. Chilli contains vitamins and it has pain relieving benefits.
If still you are thinking After vaccination what to eat, then you should not forget about the healthy meals. Your meal plan should be always health conscious as well as delicious!